top of page

Safeguarding Contacts

Club Welfare Officer: Louise Cooper


North West Contact: Allan Freeman


How can I raise a child safeguarding concern?


If you have a concern about the welfare of any child or the behaviour of an adult towards any child you should, without delay, contact:

  • your organisation or club welfare officer

  • your county or regional welfare officer (bottom of page)

  • Swim England National Child Safeguarding Team: 

  • Joanne Garey National Safeguarding Officer email (01509 6402 270) 

  • Jenni Dearman, National Child Safeguarding Manager, (01509 6402 270) 

  • Keith Oddy, independent Child Protection Officer (01509 64 02 70) 

  • Swimline – this is the Swim England/NSPCC Child Protection Helpline on 0808 100 4001

In an emergency


If you believe a child has been harmed or may be at immediate risk of harm, and you are unable to contact your welfare officer or the Swim England safeguarding team please make immediate contact with an appropriate agency, such as:

  • The Police

  • Children’s Services

  • Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH)

  • Local Authority Designated officer (LADO)

  • NSPCC Child Protection Helpline


Take the name and contact details of the person you have spoken to, plus the incident / referral reference number (if applicable) so you have a record of the advice they give.


Then report this to the club welfare officer and the Swim England safeguarding team the next working day.

bottom of page